Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Up yer bum!

I made a startling find yesterday when I discovered that Mr Potato Head stores all his bits and bobs up his bum. His eyes are there, his nose, his glasses and his arms too. There was even a little green hat stuck up his bum! That can't be comfortable!



I guess I am to blame for this revelation because it seems that no matter how old I get, I can't get over how amused I am by the words "Bum", "fart", "jobbie" and "poop". Those words still get a chuckle every time.

And therein lies a problem for me. I am now reading all these kids books like "Put me in the Zoo" by Robert Lopshire and they all have cute illustrations following a simple and fairly phonetic rhyme system. Every time I read one of these books I think "I can do that!".

Well I can do that... if I didn't have the problem that I am likely.. nay, compelled... to insert the words "bum, "fart" or "poop" in the narrative ("jobbie is out as I am writing for an American audience). I'm telling you it is impossible!!

"See the chickens in their coop, see the chickens covered in poop!".

"See the horse move as fast as a dart, see the horse leave brown clouds of fart"

It's a disease! I can't help it! I honestly think that 30% of my vocabulary is taken up with words for bowel movements. I am like a thesaurus of BM's.

Help!!!!!!!


1 Comments:

At 1:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's a site that must have been made just or you... www.fartfarm.com, you really should heck it out.

BTW jobbie.com has been taken but jobbie.biz is available should you feel the urge...

Gav 'n' Issy

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home