Tuesday, July 04, 2006

What do you do?

The World Cup is almost over and my ability to make a day disappear without doing anything constructive because I have been watching football all day will disappear with it. Damn, I was hoping to hide in my little shell for a few more weeks before having to face reality again.

Oh well, it seems like that won't be possible. Alma's due date is next Sunday, also the same day as the world cup final. Aaaarrrgh! I have been refering her to Christian websites that offered advice to pregnant Christian women who wanted to avoid having their babies on the sixth of June this year (06/06/06). Maybe we can hold it in until after the final whistle!

Alright so I'm joking but a greater danger awaits if, like first babies usually are, the bambino gets here on July 12th. In the rest of the world July 12th is just a normal day but in Scotland and Northern Ireland it is a day when every sectarian eejit in the world gets out and marches/throws things at marches and proves to the rest of us that 1690 was not as long ago as you thought it was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home