Friday, February 17, 2006

Warm Winter Blues

I worte this two weeks ago but never published it:

"Last year we had a major Tsunami in Asia, so many hurricanes in the Atlantic that they ran out of names, and earthquakes that displaced millions of people. The author Kurt Vonnegut said that the reason for this was that the human race is actually a flu virus and the earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us.

I was thinking about this yesterday when temperatures reached 64 degrees in Manhattan. It's the end of January, usuallly it is 10 below! Mad people ran around in shorts and people were sun bathing in the fountain at Washington Square Park.

Now, I like warm weather as much as the next guy but it simply isn't supposed to be like this! What next, snow in July? It might be just me getting paranoid but it seems that climate change is coming on a lot faster than we expected."


Well! Since then we have had record breaking snowfalls (2 and a half feet in Central Park) and we are due to be in the 50's again by the end of the week. Look out for record breaking melting to flood the streets of Manhattan!!!

But hey! If you were afraid the world was coming to an end you can always rely on Dick Cheney to provide comic relief! The same guy who told all those hilarious lies about WMD's is shooting people in the face with birdshot! What a hoot!!!!

Does it get stranger than this? Here is a comment I found on the Guardian's Blog page, I kinda liked it!

"Dick Cheney - I've never met the guy, so I don't know what he's really like as a person, but, hey, if I was given the opportunity to drag him behind a car through dog-shit, I'd do it.

What about everyone else?".

Nuff said.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home