Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Get da fuck oota ma hoose!

One of the less appealing sides of being a homeowner is dealing with contractors. I had my first "Get the fuck out of my house!" moment today as a plumber I had called for a quote gave me a quote that was $500 more than the others I had already gathered for the same job.

On top of this, and I am still politely saying "Thanks, I'll let you know" at this stage, he tries to hit me up for $65 for giving me the bullshit quote in the first place!

If my eyes could pop out of my head they would have! I said "Do you want to come upstairs and see your website? It says Free Estimates all over the place on it!!"

"So you don't want to pay?".

"No I don't! Bye!".

He left without a serious argument ensuing, probably because I was standing in the kitchen right by a large array of chef's knives!

This is the most unpleasent encounter so far but I have talked to so many assholes on the phone who think that you should give them money for answering the phone alone! One guy sounded as entusiastic as your average heroin addict and after I'd explained to him 3 times what I wanted I hung up on him!

Honestly! The balls of some people!

1 Comments:

At 5:44 PM , Blogger Ginny said...

I'm having house nightmares too. Mine is with the furnace. I'm patiently waiting for the repairman... and the house keeps getting colder.

Luckily, not all contractors are ignorant and deceitful, but you have to be so careful you don't get ripped off.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home