Saturday, December 03, 2005

Talibangelicals and The Movies

The Talibangelicals are at it again. Popular nature documentary "The March of The Penguins" is being touted as a good Christian film and proof of the existance of God and "intelligent design". After I heard this I went to my favorite Christian film review site to check out the reactions. I think I've posted this site before but check it out as it's always good for a laugh!

Anyway, back the penguins! Dirty little Buggers that they are! Apparently " The penguins mate during the film, but it is understood, not shown." Is Penguin sex mentioned in the Bible? Sinful little shits!

Another reviewer remarked:

" from a Christian perspective, in the opening scenes of the movie, it explains that the yearly penguin routine has gone on for millions and millions of years, which we all know is false".

It's amazing to me that the Talibangelicals can get that upset about the teaching of evolution but then again, most of the ones that are bothered by this do look really unevolved. To quote Bill Hicks:

"I believe God created Me in one day".

"Yeah, looks like he rushed it!".

Here's an article on some gay penguins that live in New York just in case you got the idea that penguins are now christian crusaders for abstinence!

Another film that comes in for a hard time on this site is the new Harry Potter film. Now personally I think Harry Potter is over-hyped crap, I have never read the books and have seen two of the previous films only because I have been stuck on a plane with nothing else to watch. Anyway, one Potter reviewer coughed up this great story:

" I just want to comment on how much this series has negatively affected my child. I let my son read the first book and took him to the movie. I didn't much care for the movie but didn't realize how much it made my son want to be a wizard. He started carrying around a stick and trying to cast spells on things. I thought, 'oh this is just a phase. He'll grow out of it.' Then he tried to fly with my broom…off the roof of our house. He broke both of his legs because he is possessed by this book. I haven't let him read or view any of the other ones, and I won't but he is clearly possessed because he keeps asking me if he can ,and he still wants to be a wizard, and he doesn't want to go to church anymore.… "

Cool!! My suggestion to this reviewer would be to move to a high rise apartment complex! Your child is not possesed by the devil, he is obviously being raised by an idiot. Tell him to try taking off from the ground first!


1 Comments:

At 12:26 PM , Blogger Ginny said...

Thanks for the laugh this morning! I never knew about the christian movie review site, so of course had to check it out. Too funny! I loved this quote too...

"It's the down & dirty details about life as a penguin. Much offensive material for little ones. I advise strongly against taking them."

Penguins - 'down and dirty' - who knew? Obviously this film must be just disgusting - full of violence and sex - I better go rent it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home