Wednesday, November 02, 2005

The Grunts of the Industry

It’s 2.30AM and I just got off work at midnight after a day of serious agitation - without going into too many details, basically we had a major software failure that resulted in Me attempting to do a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle whilst the phone rings off the hook, every call an angry customer.

Now I can’t sleep because my brain is still racing - input 63 breaks out to output 58 but the audio is still on 63, that’s audio’s 1 + 2 by the way, audios 3 + 4 are on input 40-something and they all have to get routed to ABC before 2100. It’s now 2049.

You get the picture. It was a shitty day. I figure hopefully if I write something I’ll calm down by the time I get to the end.

One of the major problems of being a grunt in the TV industry is that every fucker in the world thinks that their TV show is more important than everyone else. This means that appealing to common sense is met with derision and if you try to tell them they have to wait they will hit you with some shit like “But Oprah’s waiting!!!!!!!”.

Fuck Oprah! Fuck NBC! Fuck CNN! Fuck CBS! Fuck ‘em all!

TV is not brain surgery. The patient will not die if Jerry Springer has to wait a little longer to interview Cleatus T. Judd III.

I really hate self-importance and anyone who is rude to Me on the phone is immediately dumped to the back of the queue. One of the few good things about being a grunt in the TV industry is that even the biggest director still needs his techs to bail him out when the
Shit hits the fan. Never bite the hand that feeds you.

Oh god… switch my brain off please……….

1 Comments:

At 6:43 PM , Blogger Ginny said...

Sometimes work just sucks big wang!!!! Perhaps today wasn't my day to read your post...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home