Saturday, January 07, 2006

Working to Mogwai

I've been listening to a lot of the Glasgow band Mogwai lately; it's all instrumental music and it is great for working or writing to. It soothes me like classical music might but it also occasionally makes me wanna head bang, like someone crossbred Mozart with Pink Floyd and dropped the depressing lyrics!

It also has the unfortunate effect of making me think that everything is happening in slow motion as the band often sound like they are playing in slowmo. It's wintery music, cold and spacey, it makes me think of a cold, wet Glasgow streets.

Anyway... the reason I am writing about this band is that I just saw one of their videos online the other day. The video is a fairly simplistic cgi animation piece but for some reason I found it to be one of the saddest and disturbing things I've seen in a while.

If you have broadband and feel like depressing yourself you can watch it here. Make sure you watch it all the way through so you find out what's really happening in it!

On the home front I finally got stuck into the cardboard boxes the other day and one more full day of cleaning should do it. After that the real work begins - sadly though I have begun taping a bunch of DIY and home improvement shows off the telly and I fear the the drywalling, painting, papering and sanding might not be nearly as much fun as the TV shows imply!

It won't be the same without the obligatory gay designer, the hunky man-beast carpenter and the sexy but useless female host (I'm not implying all women are useless here by the way, just the ones the network deliberately throw into these shows to provide a bit of totty!).

Okay I'll shut up now before I get myself in more trouble!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home