Friday, June 10, 2005

Squeaky-Bum Time

You know you are in trouble when your girlfriend looks like 2005-circa Mickey Rourke and her hair looks like a small thermal-nuclear device has been set off in it. You are also in trouble if it's 90 degrees outside and you are wearing red sweat pants and a silver-colored puffy jacket designed for skiing on the moon. I'm having a nightmare commute so I'm watching this couple on the bus on the way to Staten Island wondering where they bought the white-trash-first-class ticket. They were amazing; if I wanted to draw white-trash they would look exactly like this couple, right down to the 9-11 commemorative t-shirt she was wearing over her spandex pants.

Mickey Rourke Circa 2005
Mickey Rourke Circa 2005

There was a water-main break on Staten Island this week leading to major power outages and fucked up traffic lights across a borough that already has the most fucked up traffic system in the city. My bus crawled along, it's 90 degrees, I'm hungover, the bus is packed with people, the air-conditioning doesn't work - if there was ever a day to go ex-postal, yesterday was it! We get to the projects (that is "Housing Scheme" to all you non-Yanks) at West Brighton and there is a tall skinny Rastafarian guy directing traffic, it's the first thing that makes me smile all day. I gotta say one thing for this guy, He was doing a better job than any of the lazy-arsed NYPD cops I saw standing around.

I've got 2 days left in my job in SI and yesterday I spent 5 hours commuting on buses for a journey that you can do in a car in 20 minutes. Today my commute has been 3 hours so far and I've still to get home tonight. It seems that Satan Island (deliberate mis-spell) will not relenquinsh it's grip on me easily.

So anyway, the reason I'm harping on about white-trash is that I read that the UK version has finally
made it into the dictionary. Yes folks, "Chavs" is now an official word along with "Squeaky-bum time" and "bouncebackability". Does anyone else hear Shakespeare starting to slowly rotate in his grave?

Staying on topic - that is "inbreeds",
here's what happens when you've done nothing but shag other family members for generations, this story is not a joke, in fact I think it is quite sad but it's another example of what happens when religion rules your life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home