Thursday, June 02, 2005

Movin' On Pt 2

So I finally get to sit down and write in peace after another 2 weeks of running around like a madman trying to solve a rubik cube with one hand while picking his nose with the other.

Now It’s 10am and I’ve got me cup of tea and Miles Davis is parping softly from my speakers (“parping” is such an unattractive word but He’s a trumpet player so “parping” is what he does. All I can say is no-one parps like Miles). It’s 70 degrees and sunny, the window is open and the smell of New York harbor is blowing in a mix of diesel fuel and mafia corpses. I love NYC in the summer!

It’s been a constructive 2 weeks; I interviewed at a University with a look to starting a course in Liberal Arts in January next year (after I laid off on December 1st), then much to my surprise, I also interviewed for another TV job and got it! I finish with my current job next week after 5 years and start the new one on June 13th. Funny how these things work out sometimes.

University is still going to be my No.1 priority however, I need to retrain to do something else before the juice runs out from my eyesight. I am in talks with New York State on getting them to pay for it, or at least some of it. Thankfully the new job is the kind of job where it will be quiet enough to get studying done while I’m working (hopefully).

1 Comments:

At 7:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home