Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Blown away by "The Road to Peace"

I haven't heard any new songs in ages that literally make me fall out of my seat and hit the rewind button just to check that I heard that right. "The Road to Peace" by Tom Waits is the first one in a while You can hear it here.

Tom Waits "Orphans" is the best album released last year by a mile. Forget the crock of crap that was "Modern Times" by Bob Dylan which is being paraded by every newspaper as the best album of the year. In my opinion it was a crap Dylan album and a passable honky-tonk album that, if it had been made by Merle Haggard, we'd have probably ignored it (and I like Merle Haggard). Because it is by Dylan, and because we need the "Hard-Rain's a gonna fall" Dylan now more than ever, "Modern Times" landed in my CD player like a unwelcome turd in my beer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home