Wednesday, November 22, 2006

The Joys of Fatherhood

The Wee Yin likes to pretend she is flying. I pick her up and hold her above my head and she smiles and giggles down at me like Peter Pan in Pampers. This morning, shortly after she woke up, I was helping her fly from the bed to the changing table for a quick nappy refit when we stopped halfway there and I held her above my head and looked up at her.

In retrospect I really think I saw it coming, but like a salmon swimming upstream, I pressed on ahead regardless. Wee Yin was smiling as she hovered directly above me in an open mouthed wide smile, however, slowly but surely she opened her mouth wider. At this point I think the message reached my brain that all was not well. The next thing I know. a raging tsunami of milk erupted from her windpipe and poured all down my head and face, enveloping me in all its warm trickly glory.

I try not to swear in front of the baby but this elected a very loud "Fucking Hell!".

What a way to start your day! 5 minutes later she was playing with her "Baby Einstien" toys while I drank coffee and stunk like sour milk. The joys of Fatherhood!

2 Comments:

At 6:42 PM , Blogger Ginny said...

Ye have been christened!

Hey, those socks of mine are itch free. Cotton and wool blend - very comfy.

 
At 7:09 PM , Blogger Shari said...

Thanks for helping me remember the glory days of my children's infanthood. Sometimes I get the mothering "pangs" when I see a baby and think, "Oooh, I want another one." Then I remember the messy parts and late nights sitting up with a wailing banshee. They are blessings, though. I really miss their younger years. Just when you think the hard part's over (late nights, spitting up)-you get excited about their first walk. (Then you have other problems.) I have a pre-teen. Every growing phase brings more challenges.

Again, thanks for sharing.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home