Thursday, April 06, 2006

A Lost Month

This is the longest I've ever gone without posting something - even if it is something stupid - my blank month shames me enough that I have to start some serious scribbling!

Where have I been for the last month? Simple answer... down the pub. Many pubs and many beers, many games of pool and darts and songs on the jukebox and many lost braincells later and I think I am ready to call "Last call for alcohol" and move onto parenthood gracefully and soberly.


I had three friends come to visit from the UK and Ireland for this lost month and I'd like to thank them all for the beer and company, see you all on the other side of fatherhood! Pipe and slippers will be provided on your next visit!

The drinking started the night before St Patrick's Day and continued through my birthday on the 31st until we all ran out of steam. I think I only left one pint on the bar - a disgusting beer called "Highlander" which was in all honesty the first beer I could not finish one pint of - it was that bad. I declared myself "No Longer a Scotsman!" for leaving it!

It appears that the world continued to turn without me - a Bush administation official was arrested for soliciting sex from a child who turned out to be an undercover police officer - two grannies were arrested as terrorists in the UK - Bush is still in the shits - a dead bird in one of my favorite wee towns in Scotland turned out to have Bird Flu (I thought birds always flew?) and the British National Party (a.k.a The Nazi Party) have picked a candidate for the upcoming local elections called Sharif Abdel Gawad.

The World continues to be a strange place.

On the New York front, I sat in my garden last Sunday with my friends and got sunburned then on Wednesday I commuted to work in a major blizzard! What the fuck is going on? My sunburn still tingled in the heavy snow!

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro - H.S.T

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home