Sunday, August 07, 2005

New Ink

Alright Family members reading this - don't freak out! Whatever you do -Don't tell Mum! But Hey! You all know that I've been hiding a dark secret from her for years! Yes, I'm talking about my tattoo! Well now I have anew one and if she saw this it'd probably bring her one step closer to stepping on a rainbow and returning to her Catholic Jesus! Here's some pics:


Image hosted by Photobucket.com




Image hosted by Photobucket.com




Image hosted by Photobucket.com




Why a Buddha? Well, I've been trying to live my life following some sort ofBuddhist path for years even if I am a bit wishy-washy about it. The four noble truths of Buddhism are: The Noble Truth of Suffering, the Noble Truth of the Causes of Suffering, the Noble Truth of the Cessation ofSuffering and the Noble Truth of the Way that Leads to the Cessation ofSuffering. This is also known as the Eightfold Path of Buddhism, often represented by an eight-spoked wheel in which all spokes lead to the hub.The eight spokes represent: Right Understanding, Right Aspiration, RightSpeech, Right Conduct, Right Vocation, Right Effort, Right Alertness, andRight Concentration. Give me some bevvy and I know you can drop any of theabove from my personality but keep me sober and I at least try to be aware of them. This blog is not called Buddha in the beerglass for nothing you know!

Aye, well! Now I have a bloody big Buddha drawn on my right arm and everytime I feel like killing some fucking fundamentalist idiot I can look at it and try toremember that all sentinent beings should be dealt with compassion andforgiveness - and yes, that does include George W. Bush.

2 Comments:

At 5:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well bugger me sideways till breakfast, that's a tattoo and a half!

Looks fantastic, Izzy will be jealous coz she fancies another one. Did you get the tree of life finished btw? you said you fancied getting it coloured. Or am I talking crap?

The big question is... will it give you enough serenity to put up with Blair, never mind Bush.

 
At 6:23 PM , Blogger anyone said...

OMG... I was just surfing blogs and came across your Buddha tattoo. I think it looks fantastic! You know what is really weird? I just had a dream two nights ago about getting a Buddha tattoo. Co-incidence? I think not. It must be Karma.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home