Friday, July 01, 2005

9 - 5

On my first few weeks in Manhattan I have been working 9-5 until I'm trained up, this means I have been able to ride to work with the regular commuters - something I haven't done in 10 years.

My first revelation was just how many suits there really are! Granted, my train passes through the Wall Street area (world renowned for suit spotting) but how many people do we need that crunch numbers for a living? I look around and all these people are doing last minute work on the way into the office; poring over contracts and typing away on laptops. Can't you wait another 20 minutes until you get to the office, you're gonna get fucked by the boss anyway, might as well actually deserve it!

Does the world really need this amount of phoneheads? Do we really need that amount of sharpened pencils?

The other funny thing to see is the couples who obviously hooked up as part of an office romance. They get on at the same stop, they dress the same, and they get off at the same stop. Human beings are interesting and strange creatures - we are more like pack animals than we would like to believe.

Everyone looks miserable, I might be basking in the glow of a new position but, God these people look miserable! Another 45 minute commute to go to a job I hate for too little money! Well, forgive me but I just gave up a 2 and sometimes 3 hour commute everyday, on buses, in freezing and boiling temperatures... I can make 45 minutes disappear in the blink of an eye.

2 Comments:

At 7:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey dude don't havean email address for you. so here i am.

staying at a hotel named midscale hotel in soho, can,t find any info

if you can find any please pass them on

see ya soon

thomas

 
At 11:42 AM , Blogger Dave said...

I think Midscale is a type of hotel, no? I couldn't find any info under that name, do you have an address for it?

My email is: soshin79@care2.com

Here are the hotels I found in Soho, is it one of these? Soho is nice so you should be alright.....

Mercer Hotel Prince & Mercer Streets

TriBeCa Grand 6th & White Streets

W Hotel Union Square, Park Ave. So. & 15th St.

60 Thompson St. 60 Thompson Street

Maritime Hotel Ninth Ave (between 16th and 17th St.)

Sheraton Four Points West 25th Street

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home