Thursday, August 25, 2005

Hugo Chavez Roolz!

Well another week passes and another 2 loony Christians fly across my radar. The first one on the subway on the way to work last Sunday and then my old favorite Pat Robertson reared his ugly head. The first one on the subway was definitely the more harmless of the two but the more physically annoying.

I’m off to work on a quick turn-around (get off work midnight, home at 2AM, back up 6AM, work at 8AM) so I’m knackered and in a cranky mood. Next thing I know this guy is standing in front of me screaming about “Jesus is coming”, not only that, he is doing it into an empty paper coffee cup that he thinks is amplifying his voice - it’s not, he’s holding it the wrong way round with his voice bouncing right back at him. To him, yes he is louder, to us, it’s making him sound like he is a drowning sea lion!

Anyway he asks me to repent and as always I say “I’m sorry… for you” and he tells me again “Jesus is coming” and I say “I wish He’d fucking hurry up yer patter‘s nippin ma hied! If he gets here in the next 10 minutes do I still have to go to work?”. I always revert to broad Glaswegian in these situations as it puts people on the defensive. Needless to say I get to work before Jesus.

Now Pat Robertson is back. The 700 Club (his organization) has been one of my least favorite Christian groups for a while. In the UK you might not be aware of who Pat Robertson is but if you cast your mind back, this is the same Pat Robertson who wanted to buy into the Royal Bank Of Scotland a few years back and then when people protested made a TV show that called Scotland “a small dark country of homosexuals”.

Also, in case you weren’t aware, Pat thinks that feminism makes women become lesbians, kill their children, practice witchcraft and oppose capitalism; homosexuality is practically equivalent to Satanism and Nazism, and the State Department is so far to the left that it should be blown up with a nuclear device.

Now He is calling for my favorite democratically elected Latin American leader, Hugo Chavez of Venezuela, to be assassinated so we can get our hands on a few cheap barrels of oil! Goddamn! How Christian is that????

You can read an expose that Greg Palast did on Robertson here. You can also read his bit on Hugo Chavez here. Also see what Chavez is up to now that must be making Dick Cheney’s pacemaker work overtime.

Hugo Chavez Roolz. Please don't shoot him!!!

1 Comments:

At 11:09 AM , Blogger Ginny said...

Love your writing! Will back to read more soon...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home