Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Gulls

Strange thoughts can go through your mind when you are really tired. This morning I'm on my way to work after only four hours sleep, it is already 85 degrees (at 6am!) and a familiar smell meets my nostrils - the smell of recently deposited dogshit wafting in the warm currents of air.

Am I repulsed by this? Yes, because sometimes my street is like running the 110 meter dogshit hurdle - a dogshit demilitarized zone where dogshitreplaces landmines -nostils inflamed instead of lost limbs.

Anyway, you get my point right? Well, I'm running the hurdles and I notice something out the corner of my eye - seagulls, lots of them picking, at an open bag of garbage on the street outside the bakery.

I find my self wondering - why do seagulls eat crap out the garbage but they don't appear to eat dogshit? Surely they are not that fussy, I mean everytime you go to a rubbish dump anywhere in the world you find seagulls, hundreds of them eating all manner of crap but apparently not dogshit! Can't we train seagulls to eat dogshit? The world would be a much nicer place for it!

2 Comments:

At 6:23 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seagull, Seagull flying by,
Sending messages from the sky.
Angry farmer wipes his eye,
Thanking God that Cows can't fly.

 
At 10:25 AM , Blogger Alistair Coleman said...

Seagulls + Bread soaked in (cheap) vodka = All teh funny.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home