Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Phonophobia

March 1st blows into NYC with another 5 inches of snow. Will winter never fuck off? It could have at least waited until next week when we are down in FL to dump more of Allah's dandruff on us. Hopefully this is the last gasp and we'll soon see the trees and people coming back to life.

I roll into work listening to "Blood on the Tracks" by Dylan on my ipod and grab a cup of coffee that smells more like burned popcorn than freshly brewed java. "Idiot Wind" is just kicking in as the phone starts ringing:

"Idiot wind blowing every time your move your mouth

Blowing down the backroads heading south
Idiot wind blowing every time you move your teeth
You're an idiot babe
It's a wonder that you still know how to breathe".

I try to be as positive as I can be when I first get to work after a 2 hour commute in the snow. However, when you know that everytime you pick up the phone that the person on the other end of the line will be a moron, it wears you down. I've developed a pathalogical hatred of the telephone and find myself cursing that wee Scotsman who invented the fucking thing!

I do admit to a smidgen of regret though when I read that AT&T's merger into SBC Communications spelled the end of the name. AT&T was the world's first telephone company, a direct descendant of the Bell Telephone Company, formed by Alexander Graham Bell in 1877. You can read more about it here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home