Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Martyn Bennett RIP

Found out that Martyn Bennett, one of the most innovative musicians in Scottish music passed away two days ago. You can read his obituary here. I've been following Martyn since his first album after hearing some tracks played on the Andy Kershaw show, he was the same age as me and it was obvious he listened to the same music as me. The fact that he was talented enough to meld these musical influences into something completely new blew my mind and I will miss his music immensely.

It has me thinking that some people only seem to be on this planet for a short while to help mankind evolve in some way or another. Bill Hicks, Lenny Bruce and Jimi Hendrix spring to mind. Jesus, even if you don't believe in him, definitely left a school of philosophy behind that mankind could have used to make the world a better place, instead we use it to fuck each other.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home