Sunday, February 13, 2005

Burning Eyes

I've got a "Do Not Enter" sign in my mind,
Bright red circle around a straight white line.
I'm living my life on a turning wheel of pain,
I got a burning in my eyes and I'm going insane.

This is not the way it's supposed to be!
Take my burning eyes and let me see.
The sign on the door said "Bring your own dreams!".
My dreams are so real that I'm parting at the seams.

The bright sunshine and the darkened room.
Squint in the glare, stumble in the gloom.
I'm feeling my way along the wall in all life's places,
Enclosed in a box surrounded by wide open spaces.

I know I'm feeling sad, just feeling sorry for myself.
All those dreams that I left on the shelf.
Dreams that I can never fulfill,

my burning eyes burning me still.................

Dave, September 28th 2004.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home