Saturday, April 26, 2008

Post Pope Blues

The Pope came to town in his best space rocket hat last week. He apologized to the victims of sexual abuse by priests, he also swung by the UN and Ground Zero. This latter visit caused me a royal pain in the arse as I had to head home through Ground Zero half an hour before he showed up and got my bag searched 3 times on the way into the train station. He also swung by Yankee Stadium and gave mass to 60,000 people, all of whom could buy commerative postcards but could not give or sell their tickets away to friends or relatives as the original purchasers name was embedded in the barcode. Even Jesus couldn't sell these tickets.

My favorite moment of the week came when the front page of the New York Times had these two conflicting stories on it, it's hard to read so click on it to blow it up:




(* Thanks to my friend MCA for finding and saving this front page)

The Irony is almost painful. Evidentially the "ALL" in "All life is sacred" is slightly lost on the Supreme Court and President Shrub. Oh well, I don't know why I bother any more.

Just so I don't get accused of picking on one cult too much (the Catholics), I read with interest that the Rev Moon has passed the reins of the Moonie Church to his son. I read with even more interest that another one of his sons is involved in small arms manufacturing in Upstate New York. Yay! Praise Dad and Pass the Ammunition!!!!

The Talibangelicals are at it too, down in Florida lawmakers are debating a bill to introduce Christian license plates for cars. Pretty soon you'll be able to get a vanity plate that says "ILUVBIGTITS" and has a nice Crucifix alongside. It's nice to see that "the War On Good Taste" continues unabated .

Meanwhile in Texas authorities raided a Polygamous ranch and took over 400 children into care. Sometimes "Freedom of Religion" has its drawbacks....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home