Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Welcome.

Hello and welcome to Buddha in the Beerglass. A blog dedicated to nothing other than the random thoughts of a blind-deaf Scottish guy living in a New York City under siege from the Christian Mullahs in Washington D.C.

The title of the blog comes from my belief that if you need to find a religion then it might as well be Buddhism as it seems to be the most inclusive and least judgemental of all the major organised beliefs out there.

I was raised Catholic and like all good Catholics, lapsed or otherwise, I like a drink. Hence the "Beer" in the title. I sometimes attend Meditation at the
Shambhala Centre of New York but more often I can be found drinking at Swift's on East 4th Street.

This is not as contradictory as it sounds. The Shambhala school of Buddhism was founded by Chögyam Trungpa Rinpoche, a monk who escaped Tibet in 1959 and spent the rest of his life bringing Tibetan Buddhism to the West. He was a compatriot of Allen Ginsberg and by all accounts had a weakness for the wine and the women. Spanking the Monk... sounds good to me.

Anyway enjoy the shite that passes through here. If you are offended by anything I post, feel free to comment. If you are intrigued or amused then leave me alone and go start your own fucking blog.......







2 Comments:

At 2:04 PM , Blogger Dave said...

Thanks for the comment Steve. I'll edit out Kerouac's name as he was six feet under in 1973. As for the beer, it's on me. Thanks.

 
At 11:26 AM , Blogger Alistair Coleman said...

Hi Dave,

So those blogger bastids got you as well. You'd better watch out, you might end up going mainstream. I get round this by copious amounts of fucking swearing.

Alistair

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home